NRL stars in heated altercation at nightclub

NRL stars in heated altercation at nightclub

The NRL stars David Fifita and Reece Walsh. Photo/Getty

Two NRL stars have been separated by security following a heated exchange between the two on the Gold Coast on Friday night.

Brisbane Broncos youngster Reece Walsh and Gold Coast Titans forward David Fifita have come “face to face” according to the Daily Telegraph.

Security guards at the Pink Monkey Bar and Grill in Burleigh Heads separated the two men before Walsh was evicted from the premises.

Although no punches were thrown between the two, those present said the verbal blows flew as they ran back and forth screaming for several minutes.

“I was at Pink Monkey and saw Dave Fifita and Reece Walsh go head-to-head,” an eyewitness told The Daily Telegraph.

“Fifita seemed pretty controlled after nearly a minute of heated conversation. Security stepped in. Walsh just did a quick backdoor.

Site manager Rhys Osborne said: “I walked up to them and said ‘Walshy you go man. Fifita, you sit down’ and then they just dispersed.

“Security got Walsh out and that was fine. Nobody grabbed him, nobody got a hold of him – he got out.

“Walsh just came out. Fifita sat and talked with her friends. And I just said to Fifita ‘Maybe after she leaves, you leave too’.

The Titans said they were aware of the alleged incident, but further action is unlikely.

Queensland Police said they received no official report.

This isn’t the first time Walsh has found himself in controversy on the Gold Coast.

In October 2021, he pleaded guilty to charges of possession of cocaine and violating a passing order at Surfers Paradise during an end-of-season party.

The then-New Zealand Warriors star was fined $400 and posted nine months bond for good behavior. No convictions have been recorded.

The NRL sanctioned Walsh with a two-game ban and a $5,000 fine.

Fifita was fined $20,000 for breaching the NRL’s Alcohol Code of Conduct following an incident in December 2020.

The former Queensland striker was arrested and later released without charge after he allegedly entered a private home in Clear Island Waters on the Gold Coast.

Fifita was invited into the house but allegedly entered the wrong room, other people in the house called the police.

In 2019, Fifita was forced to pay $30,000 in legal fees to secure his release from a Bali jail after he was arrested for an alleged incident involving a security guard outside a popular nightclub in Seminyak.

No charges were brought and he avoided the NRL sanction.

#NRL #stars #heated #altercation #nightclub

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.