This Week in Horse Racing: Kentucky Derby Points on the Line

This Week in Horse Racing: Kentucky Derby Points on the Line

Remington Park’s closing night card on Saturday includes the $400,000 Springboard Mile, which awards points to its top 4 finishers for next year’s Kentucky Derby qualifier. Points are awarded 10-4-2-1, depending on finish, for a run that produced Derby runners like Suddenbreakingnews (2016) and Will Take Charge (2013) among its notable alumni. Six stakes races worth more than $840,000 will be on Saturday’s schedule at Remington Park. Kentucky Derby points will also be on the line Saturday in the Grade 2 Los Alamitos Futurity, a race that Bob Baffert’s trainees have dominated seven of the past eight years. The last Los Al Futurity winner to add the Kentucky Derby was Real Quiet in 1997-98.

Remington Park Betmix Key Stakes Statistics (2022 Season)
Favorite win: 36% Average win odds: 3.2-1 Top jockeys: Christian Torres (4 wins, 33%), Leandro Goncalves (4 wins, 31%), David Cabrera (4 wins, 20%) Top trainers: Kari Craddock (4 wins, 31%), CR Trout (3 wins, 37%), Karl Broberg (3 wins, 37%)

Things to watch this week

Marathon runners are in the spotlight at Gulfstream on Saturday with the 1 3/8-mile Via Borghese Stakes for fillies and mares and the unique 2-mile H. Allen Jerkens Memorial Stakes for colts and geldings… Aqueduct presents four stakes for the New York High Runners on its Saturday card… Los Alamitos concludes its brief December meeting on Sunday with mandatory payments in all pools. Southern California racing then moves to Santa Anita on Dec. 26 for the start of its Classic Meet.

Friday weekend fire starter

Trainer Joe Sharp got off to a stellar start to the young Oaklawn meeting, and jockey Francisco Arrieta was his go-to rider. They teamed up twice Friday at Hot Springs, first in Race 6 (#5 Itwasthisbig, 20-1 ML) and again in Race 8 (#5 Fair Dinkum, 3-1 ML). Both runners leave the races at Churchill Downs.

1/ST BET App Top Disabling Tracks of the Week

The free 1/ST BET app allows you to apply millions of data points across dozens of Handicap Factors in seconds and place your bets immediately. Here’s where the AI ​​got the most work last week in win percentage:

45% Zia Park 42% Mahoning Valley 38% Fair Grounds 33% Turfway Park 32% Mountaineer

Tracks with most trusted favorites last week (by winning percentage)
55% Zia Park 46% Tampa Bay Downs 45% Charles Town 45% Mountaineer 45% Delta Downs

Tracks that were longtime havens last week (most winners 10-1 or more)
7 Woodbine 6 Delta 6 Gulfstream 6 Golden Gate 5 Oaklawn 5 Turfway

The American Hot Jockeys last week
Jose Lezcano (8-22, 36%) // Aqueduct Christian Torres (7-20, 35%) // Oaklawn Jamie Rodriguez (6-17, 35%) // Laurel Luis Saez (13-39, 33%) / / Gulfstream Angel Diaz (7-25, 28%) // Mountaineer, Mahoning, Charles Town

America’s Hot Coaches Last Week
Brittany Russell (4-7, 57%) // Laurel Elizabeth Dobles (4-7, 57%) // Gulfstream, Tampa Joe Sharp (4-8, 50%) // Oaklawn, Fair Grounds Gerald Bennett (5-11 , 45%) // Gulfstream, Tampa Linda Rice (7-18, 39%) // Aqueduct

Tournament play returns to Xpressbet this week

Xpressbet will be running a low-entry ($40) qualifying series on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in preparation for Saturday’s $500 National Handicap Championship December qualifier. Three all-expense entries with travel to the January NHC are up for grabs in Saturday’s main event. For contest races, registration and more, visit

– Statistics courtesy of Betmix

#Week #Horse #Racing #Kentucky #Derby #Points #Line

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.