David “Gator” Gately provided his comprehensive advice and race-by-race notes for Group 1 Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes Day at the Melbourne Racing Club, Caulfield Saturday September 17.
The Group 1 Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes is the climax with the winner winning a ticket in the Caulfield Cup. The feature is well supported on the 9-race map by the Group 2 Thousand Guineas Prelude and Group 3 Caulfield’s Guineas Prelude, The How Now Stakes and The Foundation Cup. The first race at Flemington jumps at 12:30 p.m. and the last will be at 5:25 p.m.
All ratings for CAULFIELD are for SOFT, TENDER Track. Rain around Friday and Saturday means we are very unlikely to return to a Good surface.
The Rail is outside 6 meters the whole track. It was in the True position here last meeting and the track played great.
BEST VALUE BET OF THE DAY**
CAULFIELD – Race 3 #5 – PRIDE OF JENNI – Tested well before passing the charge at Cockram but held on late, indicating (what we thought anyway) that it will be much better at 1400m and rolling. Kissonallforcheeks stamped form Cockram. Beat a lip in G2 at 1400m 2nd-up last preparation and beat some very good mares at home that day. $8 value?
Tips from David Gately Caulfield
Race 1 – Highland Disability Foundation Njt – 2000m
- 3 – FENGARADA – Carried 63.5kg to the last Lakeside and rode them, this was his first over 1800m. Won 5 of 6 on heavy trails so that rain wouldn’t hurt him.
- 1 – GLOBAL GIFT – Fly! Had a gap between two runs and came wide MV on a tough day to dive. I sat there last time and fought really well again. He ran well at 2080m at home as a young horse. Take the claim. Likes the wet. Danger!
- 9 – PROTECTION MONEY
- 11 – GO WEST
- 4 – FRENCH MOON
Race 2 – Lamaro’s For Equine Pathways Plaque – 1000m
- 6 – THE XTRAVAGANT STAR – RESUME. A tough first win then beat Paris Dior (and a few practical men) in Inglis Millennium. Had an apology in Sweet Embrace and spelled. I watched the last super winning jumpout.
- 4 – PORT ALBERT – CV. A little new to start but shut down main health rival Cannonball then nailed by Hell Hound (ran well last week at Cap d’Antibes). Easy to love her jumpout too!
- 1 – CANNONBALL
- 3 – LASCARS
- 2 – RENOSU
Race 3 – Handicap 4cyte For Living Legends – 1400m
- 5 – JENNI’S PRIDE – Tested well before passing the charge at Cockram but held on late, indicating (what we thought anyway) that it will be much better at 1400m and rolling. Kissonallforcheeks stamped form Cockram. Beat a lip in G2 at 1400m 2nd-up last preparation and beat some very good mares at home that day. $8 value?
- 10 – SAIGON – Also tested long before her good comeback when she best approached a moderate tempo and ran (leader) Lady Of Honor at 1.3L. This girl was 2nd behind Kissonallforcheeks in this G2 last week Flem. In relative weight here too.
- 6 – ZOUZARELLA
- 9 – ADELE LOVE
Race 4 – Group 3 Neds Caulfield Guineas Prelude – 1400m
- 2 – AFT CABIN – Won like a good Hillside horse on the second start and ran the last 600m/total time very well. Back to 1200m at McNeil and well run but no response for late Jacquinot. Back to 1400m now.
- 1 – OSIPENKO – CV. He looked very good on his debut on Soft-7 then moved closer to Kibou (3rd gap) giving this horse 1.5 kg. Kibou then won easily beating the impressive Golden Mile winner of last week’s Ming Dynasty Stks. Test well! To go well.
- 4 – SOUTH
- 5 – DEADLY THOUGHTS
- 7 – CUSTOMIZABLE
- 8 – THE JAPANESE EMPEROR
Race 5 – Group 2 Thousand Guineas Prelude – 1400m
- 1 – SHE IS LICKETYSPLIT – Won 3 out of 4 and had an excuse in her miss. A great G3 chase in the fresh and nailed New Zealand Pacific Dragon that had formed around Wolverine, this filly ran very well in Silver Shadow Stks in Sydney. Up to par I would say.
- 5 – BOOGIE DANCER – Too loud for Berkeley Square (shape!!) then back in the MV trip and run away on a strong tempo but love the way she hit the line. Return key at 1400m. Likes the wet. Advance from the door?
- 2 – REVOLUTIONARY MISS
- 6 – MISS HELLFIRE
- 7 – MUMBAI JEWELRY
Race 6 – Group 3 Catanach’s Jewelers MRC Foundation Cup – 2000m
- 13 – SMOKIN ROMANS – Made enough fresh at 1600m Vs pattern. Just missed the 2040m tp but very good walk tempo 2nd-up Vs. Drops 54kg and looks ready to shoot.
- 14 – UNCLE BRYN – Closing splits similar to Mr. Brightside fresh in the WFA, then spread against the MV model and beat the leader of all bars Military expert who flies and ran smooth time! Attracted. Long live hope!
- 11 – EMISSARIES
- 8 – CRYSTAL PEGASUS
- 1 – GOLDEN JOURNEY
- 4 – SHERAZ
Race 7 – Group 1 Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes – 1400m
- 9 – HILAL – Ran well and crossed the line with shooting horses in G1 Winx 2nd in the WFA and scared Anamoe at the start of the last preparation… I wish he had drawn better but enters.
- 15 – TUVALU – Fresh here. Won 3 of first 4 and career worst run is second… His Gentleman Roy form ties up easily with I Wish I Win and I’m Thunderstruck form is, well…. Clearly elitist.
- 8 – AYRTON
- 11 – THE RED MAN
- 10 – KNOW-HOW OF THE SHOW
Race 8 – Group 3 Stakes Neds How Now – 1200m
- 2 – FIRING – Rank them above them fresh in Toy Show then all at sea on a hard/skewed track last time. His Mazu form is excellent for the mare class.
- 4 – CHAIN OF LIGHTNING – Undefeated and loving the way she savages the line! Run by Kissonallforcheeks, last week’s Lets Elope winner (here), at 1200m. Very hard to beat.
- 5 – WRITTEN BEAUTY
- 7 – ISOTOPES
- 8 – SHE IS ALL CLASS
Race 9 – Henley Homes for RPC Handicap – 1100m
- 9 – IT’S TIME – RESUME. Climb on their heels in jumpout. Large / Very good 2nd to smart Extreme Warrior here fresh last preparation. Won the previous two fees. Early $7 overs??
- 1 – IN THE BOAT – Worked/Wide at high speed here cool and only faded for the last 100m. Better now! Won 6 of previous 7 and missed was at 1400m.
- 5 – AMISH BOY
- 12 – PINK QUARTZ
- 3 – THE PRINCE OF THE BOOM
- 4 – SERADESS
Remember, with Gator’s Flemington Tips, you can hear the big man alongside Deane Lester and Warren Huntley on The Melbourne Form Panel on RSN927AM every Saturday morning from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Gately also stays between 9 and 10 a.m. for preview time providing sound Overview of Sydney.
Tune in live on Saturday mornings to get the best selections and Racing Tips for every Saturday feature from top radio tipsters!
#Gators #Sir #Rupert #Clarke #Stakes #Day #Tips #Caulfield #September #RSN927