Jurgen Klopp believes the solutions to Liverpool’s midfield problems lie in his squad after admitting “it doesn’t look like anything will happen” on a summer signing.
Thiago Alcantara has been ruled out for up to six weeks after limping off with a hamstring injury in their 2-2 draw with Fulham on the opening weekend of the Premier League season.
Liverpool were without fellow midfielders Naby Keita, Curtis Jones and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain through injury and illness, although Keita will be involved for their Monday night football home clash against Crystal Palace, live sky sports.
Monday, August 15, 7:00 p.m.
Kick off 8:00 p.m.
And Klopp appeared to rule out the club entering the transfer market for midfield reinforcements.
“If there had been the right player and an opportunity we would have done it, we would, but I can’t see it because we’ve had a lot of conversations already and it doesn’t look like anything will happen.” , did he declare. said.
“I’m happy with the strength, size and quality of my team, but we have injuries. There are many solutions. One of them is the transfer market, but that doesn’t matter. meaning if you can bring in the right player.
“All the other solutions are inside the team. We have too many injuries, that’s clear. Naby will be back on Monday and Kostas (Tsimikas) will be training today for the first time, so he could be back too.”
Liverpool, unusual for Klopp’s side, started slow and had to battle Fulham twice to earn a point against their newly promoted opponents.
“We tackled it after the game. We had a slow start and I didn’t like it,” he said.
“I saw a fight back attitude but it’s better to have an intense and focused start. It took too long to light up. We had to fight back and the momentum was with Fulham.
“After 55 games [last season] you tell me that we start slowly!? You can’t play 63 games and still be superior, you fight one way or another. We have to be awake before it starts. I don’t like it when you find something in the stats and tell me like it’s the truth, it’s not.”
Although their first game at Anfield on Monday comes after the current heatwave, Klopp is not expecting an easy night.
“It’s the same for Crystal Palace but of course it’s better to play at night,” he added. “It shouldn’t be a comfortable game at all.”
The new Premier League season with Sky Sports
- 128 Premier League matches exclusively live.
- First choice of matches for every weekend of the Premier League season.
- Football’s best punditry team featuring Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Jamie Redknapp, Graeme Souness, Micah Richards and Roy Keane.
- Kelly Cates and David Jones will present our live coverage on Friday Night Football, Saturday Night Football, Super Sunday and Monday Night Football.
- Goals and in-game clips for mobile devices from Sky Sports live matches.
- Extended highlights on demand and our Premier League channel.
- Sky Sports is your ultimate destination for domestic football with live coverage of the Premier League, EFL, Scottish Premiership and Women’s Super League.
- Find out more about Sky Sports
#Jurgen #Klopp #Liverpool #manager #appears #rule #signing #midfielder #summer #transfer #window